Welcome to our Golf Interest Base Community
While golf is a leisurely sport enjoyed at one’s own pace, it demands decision-making and focus ahead of every stroke. Good for the mind and body under the tranquil surroundings of the course, it is a great time for golfers to build friendships on the course through the holes whilst keeping fit.
New to Golf? Dream of driving a powerful accurate long swing at the range or perfecting that putt into the hole like the pros but have no idea on how to get started?
My Golf Kaki (MGK) is here making golf accessible while growing their community of Golf Kakis. Whether you’re a golf beginner trying to get the hang of the sport or amateur players looking to challenge your limits and acquire more skills to outperform your game, there’s an event suitable for everyone.
Learn to play golf with our community of friendly golfers and pick up golfing tips from the pros at our regular golfing sessions. Find out more about MGK membership rates, perks and benefits at www.mygolfkaki.com .
Please note that the information listed below are for reference only and details may be subject to changes without prior notice.
90-Minute Introduction to Golf
MGK holds regular scheduled 90-Minutues golf intro clinic (fees apply) at Orchid Country Club (OCC) driving range for beginners! The intro clinic is conducted by certified coaches or golf academy at OCC where you will learn about golf swing, posture and stance, golf grip, proper golf attires and driving range etiquettes.
For more information, find out here now!
Golf Lessons for Beginners
Undergo beginner lessons (group sessions) from a certified coach to learn about the fundamentals of golf and techniques of a golf swing. Upon completion, you will be arranged for Proficiency Certification (PC) which allow new golfers to play on golf courses in order to gain sufficient experience.
Find out more here!
MGK Golf 6 (Novice / Regular)
MGK is leading a golfing transformation with creative formats designed for modern golfers. Consider the MGK Golf 6 experience, which comes in Novice and Regular editions, offering a well-rounded and enjoyable 6-hole game suitable for all ages and busy professionals. Dive into this exciting golfing adventure, delivering a more condensed and thrilling experience that matches contemporary expectations.
This game is the perfect gateway for beginners to dive into this incredible sport by allowing them to build confidence in a positive learning environment.
Attire & Footwear
Etiquette on the course is highly emphasized in the game of golf and the dress code must be adhered to at all times. Players are encouraged to be dressed in:
- Shirts: Polo shirts or collared tees
- For Ladies: Skirts, Skorts, and Culottes
- For Men: Pants or bermuda-length shorts (Linen, Khaki or Cotton)
- Footwear: Spiked/Spike-less golf shoe which offers comfort, breathability, water resistance, style and traction.
*Depending on the conditions you play in, you may want to consider waterproof shoes. Course conditions can be wet even if you’re not playing in the rain as there’s often moisture on the grass.
What you need:
- Golf Clubs – Varying golf clubs may be used for different kinds of shots (depending on the distances and trajectories). Mainly classified into four types – woods, irons, wedges, and putters, there are different sizes available in each category, indicated by a number on the club. Lower numbers indicate more power for players to make further shots.
- Golf Tee – Used to support a stationary ball so that the player can strike it
- Golf Balls – Neon or colored golf balls are great for beginners and easy-to-spot on the green.
- Gloves – Improve your grip on the club and prevent blisters on your hand
Tip: If you’re just starting out, do check out Carousell for affordable second-hand buys!
Sign up for our newsletter and keep updated with our happenings!